Saturday, September 11, 2010

{Day 11}

Photobucket
How appropriate to be on day 11 today. We visited the Healing Field today in honor of September 11th.  It is truly a sight to be seen. I cant believe it has been 9 years.  I think of all the families and loved ones who lost someone that day.  My heart hurts for them. I know that this day will forever hold significant meaning in their lives as it does to every American. I am particularly grateful this year for my freedoms as my brother, Johnny, is serving our country in Afghanistan. Thank you to all the men and women serving our country!

These photos aren't from today, but they are from July 9th of this year. This is the day my brother deployed. I couldn't help but share some of my favorite photos from the day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud to be an american, prouder(word?) to stand by my husband during this deployment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linds - I know these pictures are so special to you, and you have such an emotional connection to them, but I honestly think you need to share them with the world. You need to sell them to getty's images, or some other company that will use them in publications, etc. PLEASE!! do it!!!

    ReplyDelete